Greetings to you in the name of King Jesus.
I’d like to tell you a little about myself…
- I am a school teacher at Tidings of Peace Christian School in York City, Pa. I love my 6th and 7th graders very much, and they are often a featured subject in my writing.
- At Tidings of Peace, we serve a community of students that are almost exclusively urban-raised children. Furthermore, out of our 50 students, only 3 come from Anabaptist background. Only a hand-full more are from Christian homes.
- I was born and raised in the ghettos of York, and the Mennonites discovered me against my will when I was 9 years old. An invitation to Summer Bible School quickly turned into a deep interest in Jesus an His Kingdom. Fascinated by the differences I saw in the Mennonites as compared to usual gloom and despair of life, I wanted what made them so different to be a part of my life too. Living in a home destroyed by crack-addiction and ignorance of Christianity, I clung onto Christian brotherhood and haven’t let go since.
- I am bi-racial, with my mother being German and my father being African-American. My whole life I have been caught between several cultures, and have enjoyed the unique perspective God has blessed me with. Even though this perspective carries a lot of baggage, I love the Kingdom of the Lord, and purpose to use my life for Him.
- I am in my third year of teaching, and finished attending Faith Builders Educational Programs several years ago. I work through every subject with my students, but especially enjoy and love teaching Social Studies/History. My passion is to bring History alive, and promote God for students in an urban setting! My vision is to one day be a full-time mentor and history teacher here at TOP. If and when God changes that vision I will gladly submit to His desires
Are there more things you wish to know about me? Send me a question and I’ll add it to my Frequently Asked Questions section.